Injectables like Botox, Juvederm and Restylene have made it easy to erase years from your appearance in a matter of minutes. What you might not know is that there are several steps you can take before and after your filler appointment to help make your results free from tell-tale bruising and discoloration.
Before your appointment:
- Talk to our office about any medications and supplements you are taking. Some may need to be temporarily removed from your routine to avoid complications. The list of potential products to eliminate may include both over-the-counter medications and natural supplements, such as:
-And other natural supplements
- It may be best to avoid alcoholic beverages temporarily before and after treatment. Alcohol dilates your blood vessels and may lead to unwanted discoloration at the injection sites. Our team will communicate further with you about when this should take place during your appointment.
After your appointment:
- Apply cold compresses to the treatment areas (a frozen bag of peas is especially effective) to keep bruising at bay. The cold will help to constrict blood vessels and lessen the likelihood of discoloration.
- Limit physical exertion for a few days following your treatment. Remember, any activity that might increase your heart rate or blood flow can lead to bruising or potentially move the Botox from the intended location, so take it easy.
- Sleeping on your back with your head elevated can also help prevent bruising and movement of the injection. Simply propping your head with an extra pillow can minimize swelling and keep blood from pooling in the treatment areas.
- Our Destin Botox office also recommends that you postpone additional facial treatments, including any type of skin service, chemical peel or microdermabrasion for well after your appointment. Excess manipulation of tender facial muscles can not only lead to bruising, but may also interfere with filler placement.
While there is no guaranteed method to completely avoid bruising following filler injections, following these suggestions can reduce the likelihood. To ensure the best possible results, work with our experienced team. We have performed many procedures and have the expertise required to help you achieve the results you are looking for. Contact Destin Botox at Smileology to learn more from Our expert Doctor today.